Varicose veins is a chronic disease in which the stretch or elongation of veins. Varicose veins occur not only in veins of the legs (but it is the most common form), he can develop and blood vessels, other internal organs. In all forms of varicose veins methods of treatment at home very similar.
Diagnosis conducted by a doctor-phlebologist or vascular surgeon, he also determines how to treat the disease in a particular case. Treatment of diseases is based on two methods: conservative treatment of varicose veins, which is carried out in the home, and surgical intervention.
Depending on the degree of development of venous pathology, treatment of varicose veins at home can be:
- The main treatment is only in the early stages of the disease. Appeal for medical assistance on the stage of the emergence of a small swelling stop or the appearance of vascular pattern on the legs allows you to cure the disease at home.
- Auxiliary treatment in advanced stages of the disease, develops when the pathology requires specialized therapy, and carried out at home exercise to improve blood flow, are the necessary complement to the basic treatment.
- Preventive measure after surgical intervention, warning the further development of the pathology.
The basis of varicose veins is the weakness of the connective tissue of the wall of venous vessels, and therefore conservative treatment of the disease is primarily aimed at strengthening the wall. This approach to treatment is fundamental and allows us to treat varicose veins in any location: as on the legs and veins of the internal organs.
Activities aimed at strengthening the vascular wall
These methods are aimed at improving the permeability of the vascular walls of the veins, povyshenie its tone and elasticity – the basic directions of treatment of varicose veins, including veins of the legs.
- Treatment drugs containing diosmin, troxerutin, escin. To treat varicose veins with these drugs should be only on prescription, which will carry out the selection tools, and determine the frequency and length of treatment.
- Treatment means, made according to recipes of traditional medicine.
- Intake of vitamin preparations is proved that the permeability of the vascular wall have the greatest impact vitamins: rutin (vitamin P) and ascorbic acid. Therefore, for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the widely used combination of these two vitamins .
- Reconsider the diet .
- The use of ointments and gels.
Recipes folk remedies
How to treat varicose veins at home using folk remedies:
|| How to cook|
|Alcohol tincture of flowers of horse chestnut
|| Take 50 grams of flowers, pour 500 ml of ethyl alcohol at a concentration of 50%. Leave the mixture on for two weeks, shaking daily, then strain. Take 30-40 drops 3 times a day before meals for 30 days.|
|Infusion of nettle leaves
|| Take 2 tablespoons of dried herb nettle dioecious, pour 200 ml of boiling water, leave for 1 hour. Infusion of strain, take 60 ml 3 times a day. The course of treatment 30 days, a break of 15 days, repeat twice.|
|The infusion of hop cones
|| Two tablespoons of dried cones pour 200 ml of hot water, simmer 10 minutes, strain.Take 200 ml of infusion 2-3 times a day. Remember that it causes drowsiness.|
|Solution of Apple cider vinegar
|| To 200 ml of water add 10 ml of Apple cider vinegar, take this drink every morning and evening. The recipe is contraindicated for people with ulcer disease of the gastrointestinal tract.|
Recipes from Ayurveda (Indian medicine)
Arived States that the property to tone the blood vessels veins in the legs have ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, ginseng, garlic. Here are some recipes:
- Add 1 kg of honey 300 g of grated ginger, stir, take 1 tablespoon 2 times a day for 1 month.
- Add to 10 ml of aloe juice a small amount (pinch) of ginger or cardamom, take once a day 10 minutes before meals. The course of treatment is 60 days.
A change of diet
Healthy foods that will help to treat varicose veins at home:
- All kinds of citrus. The special value of citrus is the white layer between the top skin and pulp – mesocarp. The content in the mesocarp of vitamin P (rutin) citrus has no equal.
- Vegetables and fruits dark red, blue, red-blue, purple flowers: grapes, black currants, beets, rose hips and others. Red-blue color can give the contained bio-flavonoids – biologically active substances that strengthen the vascular wall.
- Foods rich in rutin: apricots, cabbage, peas, walnuts, spinach, all kinds of salads, rhubarb, green tea, buckwheat;
- Seafood, which contains a complex of substances, positively influencing the elasticity of blood vessels and regeneration of damaged tissues.
From the diet the patient's varicose veins should exclude strong coffee, black tea, alcohol.
Creams and gels
Strengthening vascular walls of veins should be carried out not only inside but also outside. For this purpose, ointments and gels, which include troxerutin, escin, heparin.
Also to treat varicose veins help alcohol lotion and compresses based on recipes of alternative medicine:
- 50 g of flowers of chestnut pour with 250 ml of 50% alcohol, insist in a dark place for 2 weeks, strain. Solution use compresses for the affected areas of the feet at night.
- Quart jar, fill to half to wash the leaves of Kalanchoe pour 70% alcohol to the top, steep with daily stirring for 14 days. Ready infusion strain, solution use every evening to wipe the feet.
- Apple cider vinegar in its pure form use externally – wipe they feet 2 times a day. For compresses moisten a gauze cloth in Apple cider vinegar, apply to the sore area of the foot, wrap with cellophane, wrap a wool scarf and a 30 minute soak with this patch, lift the legs.
To treat varicose veins on legs remedies for external use is possible only with intact skin.
Measures aimed at improving venous blood flow
- Gymnastics, aimed at strengthening the vein walls in the legs for example exercise Mikulin. Do it this way: when you go up on the toes to the heels were off the floor 1 cm and abruptly return to its original position. Repeat this exercise 60 times, three times, 20 times with a break between calls in 10 seconds. Repeat the exercise 5-6 times a day.
- Wearing compression underwear. Distinguish 5 types of compression: zero degree (preventive) to the fourth (medical). Selection of linen according to the degree of compression by the doctor treating them. Wearing compression underwear prevents further progression of the disease, facilitates venous blood flow, improves the prognosis of treatment.
- To improve venous outflow, during the day, at home do the following exercise: lie on your back, raise your legs so that they are above heart level and hold them in this position for 20 minutes. Repeat exercise at least 3 times a day.
- To prevent stagnation in the veins of the night, put it to sleep under the feet of cushion or small pillow.
Reducing the load on the veins of the legs
- Optimization of the conditions of employment if it is associated with a long stay on his feet: take frequent breaks, during which you either like, or to hold the feet in raised position;
- Reduction of body weight, if there are problems with excess weight: take measures for its reduction, because it can be one of the factors causing the disease.
Strengthening of leg muscles
Calf muscles are a kind of corset holding venous vessels in tone. Therefore, all physical exercises aimed at strengthening them, indirectly affect the ability of the venous wall to resist stretching. Strengthening the leg muscles helps regular walking, as well as the following sports: running, Aqua aerobics, swimming, Cycling. At the same time varicose patients should not engage in sports involving jumping (badminton, tennis, volleyball) and weight lifting.
The transition from sedentary, sedentary lifestyle the active promotes not only the strengthening of leg muscles, but also accelerates congestion, contributes to optimizing venous circulation in the legs.
Treatment of varicose veins at home provides a comprehensive use of all these activities. Only under this condition it is quite effective, and is able to cure the initial stage of the disease.