As with any other disease, varicose veins alone are not developing, there are a number of preconditions that provoke his development:
- Heredity. In fact, the inheritance cannot be considered an independent cause of varicose veins, that is, heredity plays a role only in the case when there are other precedents for the development of the disease. The appearance of pathological symptoms simply because of heredity does not happen.
- The incorrect shoes. High heels are just the tip of the iceberg, in fact, varicose veins can trigger any mismatched shoes. Constant pressure in areas of the feet affects blood flow, thereby provoking discomfort in the region of compression, or in the course of the veins.
- The constant load on the legs. This affects people whose profession is connected with permanent staying on their feet (barbers, surgeons, vendors, etc.). People employed in these industries are faced with painful sensations every day, fatigue in the legs very often gives way to discomfort, to cope with which is quite simple, we need only elevate your legs above heart level.
- Injury. Oddly enough, the pathology may develop in the injured vascular wall. Visually this injury can be absolutely imperceptible, and the patient will only pay attention to subcutaneous manifestations, type hematoma. The pain in this development of varicose veins can be confused with the unpleasant sensations associated with the trauma.
- The problem inside the body. All kinds of infections, endocrine disorders, intoxication can provoke the development of varicose veins, the disease often has no symptoms, they develop only later progression.
Important! Each disease should control the doctor, because he has to say even those symptoms that seemingly do not relate to disease directly.
What is the pain
The pain of varicose veins a common phenomenon, but not unique. The presence of a symptom, just like his character, can vary considerably in each patient. Anatomical changes are thus not associated with the intensity of the manifestations.
So, what can you feel:
- Nothing. Indeed, at times VRV does not bother the patient doesn't manifest itself, and does not affect the quality of life.
- Swelling from time to time. In medicine, this symptom is called “edema episode”. Pain, which accompany swelling are often caused by most diseases, and the pressure of shoes or clothes. Swelling and pain that occurs sporadically, appearing only in the second half of the day and not always every day.
- Fatigue. Feeling quite close to pain, but nevertheless, she is not. Patients notice fatigue first in the second half of the day, but with the progress of the disease fatigue also increase. Some patients can be observed is a feeling of fatigue even after minimal exertion.
- Heaviness. The so-called “heavy legs syndrome” – the first true pain of the disease. Varicose veins are unpleasant sensations in the legs can be rumpitur, pulling or even sharp. To deal with such pain classical technique with leg lift is obtained only at the initial stages of the disease, rest pain require the use of local pharmacological drugs. Very often it is at this stage of development with seizures during sleep.
- Persistent swelling. Such swelling indicate a serious degree of development of the VRV, can be accompanied by pain along the vein, or unpleasant sensations in the lower leg or foot.
- Ulcers and other disorders. Violation of blood flow eventually leads to a stable failure trophism of tissues. From the appearance of the failure in the form of dermatitis, eczema or ulcers. Thus, the previously described symptoms include the symptoms of dermatological diseases, which can also manifest as pain.
Please note! Fatigue and heaviness in the legs are sometimes associated not so much with varicose veins, how much overweight the patient, the superimposition of one thing enhances another, provoking a more striking manifestation of symptoms.
Walk a couple of
The first symptoms – a reason to visit a doctor, but in some cases a specialist is needed the results of laboratory and instrumental studies.
It is important to remember that varicose veins has different localization, and the formation of nodes does not occur symmetrically. If one leg with varicose veins, the latter may well not show any symptoms.
The symmetric appearance of pain or swelling in the lower extremities may be due not only to the pathology but also with other diseases of the blood and lymph vessels, heart or kidneys.
The pain may be only in one foot, the disease covers the whole body at once
It would seem that everything is simple, sometimes my feet, sometimes not, but the more advanced the disease, the greater the likelihood of pain. With the progression VRV to 2-3 degrees, they are almost inevitable. It is therefore important not only to know how to deal with the pain but also be able to warn her.
So, the instruction for healthy people:
- To deal with heredity. If you have a predisposition to varicose veins, it is advisable to visit a doctor at least once every two years to detect even the devil symptomatic for disease.
- Walking. Active lifestyle useful regardless of the manifestations of various diseases. Fresh air has a positive effect not only on cardiovascular system but also other systems of the body.
- To abandon bad habits. Smoking and alcohol, and all types of drugs cause spasm of the vessels, the vein wall becomes more fragile, gradually developing into varicose veins. Intravenous use of narcotic substances injure the vascular wall directly, not only in the piercing area, but in the course of the veins.
- Not to lift weights. If you used to wear from the store with heavy packages, it's time to give it up. The extra weight in the hands greatly increases the load on the legs. If lifting is associated with the profession (lifters, movers, weight lifters), to prevent the development of varicose veins will help a special linen that is used for sports.
- Choose comfort. Is to choose the right shoes, because only by choosing easy, correct orthopedic shoes you can not worry about the occurrence of disease. The same goes for socks, they should not only be comfortable, but do not squeeze the rubber band, as it also violates the outflow of blood.
Important! Not forced to withdraw all women from high-heeled footwear, since it is almost impossible. For healthy people, it is important to carefully approach the selection of shoes, you can even pick up the orthotics.
The following recommendations pertain to those who have pathology of the already diagnosed. This does not mean that recommendations for healthy people do not relate to patients with varicose veins, preventive measures to prevent disease and prevent its further development. Thus, treatment VRV includes practical advice on lifestyle.
- Socks, stockings, tights. All of the above must be bought at the pharmacy, and possess compression properties. When choosing must rely on the degree of compression is recommended by your doctor. The use of compression underwear gives significant pain relief at the end of the day.
- Make the drugs. Depending on the extent of the disease phlebologist appoint the preparations of local or General action. Venotonic improve blood flow, but does not relieve pain, that is pain goes away only by systematic application of preparations of local action.
- Standard painkillers. Preparations of a number of analgesics are almost powerless in the development of painful varicose veins, but the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are quite capable, in a relatively short period of time. Ointment with the same action will also help to cope with the constant pain, but again, the duration of the drugs for long enough.
- Physical education. There are some reservations because of heavy load on the legs give the only to worsen the result. You should consult with your doctor to choose a small course of preventive and curative gymnastics. As in the case of drugs veno tonic, physical therapy, for pain, will work only if the system exercises. But the overall effect will be noticeable immediately, i.e. the load will not cause feelings of extreme fatigue in the legs.
- Useful sleep. The easiest advice on how to relieve the pain in the legs with varicose veins is to keep the legs in the raised position, but to lie down all day with your feet raised, nobody can. So it is very effective to compensate for it during sleep and/or evening. All kinds of pillows for your feet recommended by patients during sleep can replace the conventional blanket.
Important! Sometimes the patient may need to take anticoagulants to thin the blood, and sometimes taking such drugs will only worsen the General condition of the patient. Anticoagulants common actions are assigned only by a qualified technician, under the supervision of laboratory blood tests.
To get rid of in one fell swoop
Chronic diseases have plagued man throughout life, but in our case the decision is still there. If the patient wondering how to remove discomfort in the legs with varicose veins forever, so his quality of life dropped significantly, or is he just tired from compliance with an innite number of recommendations.
Surgical intervention with varicose veins of the long-established method, it is important to take this step. In fact, examining all the types of operations you can decide what will suit a particular person. The decision on the surgery should take vascular surgeon, as some patients are unable “to go under the knife” due to contraindications.
How to choose and what will happen then
The choice of treatment — not an easy task. In the initial stages of the disease, patients have little recourse to invasive methods of treatment. If the time to seek help, that pain can cope well without surgery.
The pros and cons of conservative treatment:
- you do not want to invest a lot of money;
- it is important to consult a doctor;
- the symptoms gradually disappear;
- requires daily systematic implementation of recommendations;
- can recur;
- requires periodic supervision of a physician with the results of laboratory diagnosis.
Patients who are tired of constant hassle with the pain almost is not removed often resort to surgical procedures.
Important! Surgical treatment is even a little invasive method should recommend a doctor.
The pros and cons of surgical treatment:
- compliance with recommendations to prevent recurrence;
- the existence of the restoration period;
- seeing the doctor every 1 to 3 years;
- aesthetic appeal;
- high price;
- relief from pain symptom within a few days;
- can be performed at any stage of the disease.
Regardless of whether the consent the patient for surgery or not, General recommendations will still have to comply with. Undoubtedly, the quality of life during treatment or after surgical intervention is significantly different from the uncontrolled flow of varicose veins.
Ill do legs with varicose veins or not, depends on the case. If at least one of the symptoms is apparent, then to see a doctor is necessary, the sooner a person learns about the diagnosis, the less chance of developing the disease.