Pain and heaviness in the legs can indicate poor circulation and may be the first signs of varicose veins. In this article: varicose veins on the legs, causes, symptoms and prevention.
Who experts and cardiologists recognized the varicose veins dangerous disease, "shooting first feet, and then in the heart." Lethal threat is the complications of varicose veins: thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, trophic ulcers and bleeding.
Women are genetically predisposed to varicose veins and 3 times more likely to suffer disease than men.
Recently, this disease rapidly, "younger", its symptoms are found even in students.
Varicose veins — it's a man's payoff for going straight, not a single mammal does not suffer from problems with the veins. Mention of varicose veins is in the old Testament. In Byzantine manuscripts it is called the disease "colliding with the legs."
The mummies found in ancient burial fossio, traces of varicose veins and venous ulcers on the leg. Scientists and historians came to the conclusion that the disease accompanies mankind throughout its history.
The impetus for the development of varicose veins serve as an imbalance of elastin and collagen in the body, leading to loss of elasticity of venous walls, their thinning and stretching and disruption of venous valves. Veins and valves can not cope with the flow of blood, it is reverse flow and stagnation.
Causes of varicose veins
- Genetic predisposition is the main reason for one third of all patients. The risk of varicose veins reaches 70 percent, if any parents, grandparents, great-grandparents suffered from varicose veins. Among the inheritance itself is not a disease but a genetically determined structure of the veins: weak connective tissue, venous wall, congenital defective valves veins. Why varicose veins can occur in young, healthy and active (regardless of gender) people and even in children.
- Changes in hormonal balance in the body. Puberty, pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, menstruation is a natural factors that disrupt hormonal balance in women and explains their greater vulnerability to disease of the veins. Hormonal cause of varicose veins is becoming more widespread. This is due to the widespread use of hormonal drugs in the treatment of metabolic disorders, menopause, contraception etc.
- Inflammatory processes in the pelvic and reproductive organs (especially in women) are striking small veins, can lead to hormonal disorders. As the investigation revealed communication between the venous and arterial vessels, the veins receive the blood in large volume and under high pressure. Happens varicose veins, the valves do not cope with reverse flow of blood. The result is varices.
- Of nerve disorders. The elasticity of vein walls is regulated by nerve endings. If the nature of their activities changes (in times of stress, depression, neurosis etc.), venous tone decreases, and the lumen of the vessels expanding.
- Physical activity: household and professional increase the pressure in leg veins. The vertical position of the human body creates a natural increase in the blood vessels of the feet venous pressure. If the static load is excessive, the pressure in the standing position is amplified many times. This happens during weight lifting, pregnancy and childbirth, overweight, long standing on feet, etc. risk Group consists of salesmen, teachers, hairdressers, couriers, porters and others.
- Sedentary nature of work or lifestyle. Profession and addiction to computer — the most common causes of varicose veins, according to doctors. The long sitting of the vein is compressed, blood circulation is disturbed. At phlebology in this case has a technical term: "computer varicose veins". The muscles of the leg and foot perform the function of "pump", pumping the blood up. If we're not moving, vascular tone decreases, venous pressure increases and the blood becomes stagnant.
- A weakened immune system, illness, trauma.
- Sex. In women, disease of the vessels are more frequent, due to genetic predisposition. Men are less prone to varicose veins, but tend to treat it more carelessly than women and seek medical attention when the disease is literally "knocks down", that is, a late and life-threatening stages.
- For a long period of constipation, sneezing and coughing increase intra-abdominal pressure and pressure in the veins, disrupting the functioning of the venous valves.
- Flat feet.
- Tight shoes, high heels.
- Body Constitution — tall people suffer more than low.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The first signs of impaired circulation:
- on the surface of the skin appears "vascular mesh" red-blue hue;
- pain, heaviness, burning sensation (feet are "burning"), itching in the legs in the second half of the day;
- numbness, leg cramps at night or in the morning.
In the next step:
- the skin on Shin thickens and darkens, begins to peel off, she spots appear;
- in the muscles of the legs — pain, worse while walking, in the calves;
- the legs and feet appear venous nodes, protruding above the surface of the skin;
- when the feeling of the fingers region of the veins pain.
Swelling of the feet — a serious warning the body about the progression of varicose veins, that the deep veins do not fulfill their primary function. At this stage dangerous complications: thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, trophic ulcers and bleeding (can occur from the slightest impact, which is very difficult).
How dangerous are varicose veins
Dangerous, not the disease itself and its complications: thrombophlebitis, which is inflammation of the inner walls of the veins and causes blood clots. Blood clots block the lumens of veins (phlebothrombosis) or pulling from the wall of the blood vessel into the lungs (thromboembolism).
These complications pose a threat to life, especially thromboembolism, which often ends in death.
To avoid death threats, treatment of varicose veins should begin as early as possible: with a visit to a phlebologist, and binding studies of blood clotting.
Prevention of varicose veins and its further development
Walking is better than standing. Sitting is better than standing. Lie better than sitting. This stereotype lifestyle for those who love themselves and their feet. The muscles of the legs need to be forced to downsize or give them a horizontal position, preferably elevated. The knees should be straight.
You at risk if forced to sit or stand. For normal circulation necessary for regular muscle contractions and heart.
Active lifestyle: enjoy swimming, Cycling. While Hiking not just a walk, and let a moderate load on the legs at a fast walk. Physical activity should not be prolonged and excessive. If you have long standing, try cie from foot to foot, moving your toes.
If you have to sit a long time:
- Feet on the table! If possible, pull from time to time legs to heart level to improve the outflow of blood from the lower veins.
- It would be nice to put the feet on the stand. This will reduce venous pressure and to perform simple exercises of the feet while sitting.
- Don't forget to get up every hour for 10 minutes to stretch your muscles.
- While sitting, lift with force toes, this exercise straining muscles of the leg and directs the blood flow upwards.
Wear compression stockings during pregnancy, when the plane trips, long journeys on transport, training equipment and a treadmill.
Varicose veins does not like:
- Hot and long baths and showers with a temperature above 36.8 degrees and longer than 10 minutes.
- The treatment of hormones (be sure to consult with a phlebologist!).
- Hormonal contraceptives.
- Tepidus procedure.
- Hair removal using wax strips.
- Saunas, steam rooms, Solarium.
- Heels higher than 4 cm If higher, the muscles of the calf is not fully reduced there is stagnation in the joints.
- Alcohol, Smoking, overeating.
- Spicy, salty, fatty food.
- Heavy bags (for trips to the store buy a bag on wheels).
- Self-medicate and experiments on the health.
Today, medicine has a very efficient and effective methods of treatment of varicose veins. In the early stages it is amenable to complete cure. Do not start the disease, losing precious time on dubious experiments, refer to phlebologist.
The objective of this article on varicose veins legs, causes and symptoms:
- recognize early signs of serious illness,
- suspend development through prevention and treatment to the doctor
- to prevent life-threatening consequences.
Be healthy! Flying gait You!