Varicose veins in the legs is a chronic disease in which there is a violation of the outflow of blood. This disease is a serious cosmetic defect and can cause a lot of discomfort to the person. Most often disease is common among women: it is diagnosed in 89% of ladies. Also, it is observed in 66% of men.
Varicose veins – causes
Venous blood from the feet to the heart rises under the influence of blood pressure. If a person is healthy, this mechanism works smoothly. In case of pathologies, the body is forced to stimulate this process: it increases the pressure and pushing movements raises blood upward. The result is a valvular insufficiency. Because of the constant high pressure blood vessels stretch and lose their elasticity and become thinner. Develop under the skin blue nodules. Often varicose veins causes is the following:
- Genetic predisposition – some are experience this disease. They have a congenital degeneration of the valve, blood vessel walls are weak. For this reason, varicose veins in the legs may occur even at a young age.
- Hormonal changes – due to a failure congestion occurs. The most dangerous are considered to be the period of gestation of the baby, puberty and after childbirth. In the female body (especially this time) is dominated by the hormones of the corpus luteum. They also have a relaxing effect on veins.
- Joint diseases – rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and other diseases.
- Wearing narrow shoes and too tight clothes.
- An unbalanced diet – the presence in it of oily and high-calorie food.
- Bad habits – Smoking and alcohol abuse.
- Taking certain drugs and hormonal contraceptives.
- Overweight – obesity increases the pressure on the feet.
- Chronic liver disease – cirrhosis, hepatitis.
Varicose veins in legs symptoms
This disease has characteristic signs. The symptoms depend on the stage of varicose veins of the lower extremities. They can be:
- seizures at night;
- visible dark spots and nodules;
- pain (throbbing, bursting);
- fatigue of legs;
- the feeling of "crawling" chills.
How dangerous are varicose veins?
The disease itself will not disappear. Without proper treatment, the situation will only grow worse. The varicose veins can cause such complications:
- Eczema and dermatitis in the lower leg area appear redness, small blisters and cracks.
- Sores can appear both single and numerous Islands. Often they are weeping (on the surface consistently clear or bloody fluid). Although these ulcers are shallow, they are very painful.
- Arthritis – may be accompanied by increase in body temperature, redness of skin painful sensation as when walking and at rest.
- The gap of Vienna – accompanied by profuse bleeding. In the event of such complications requires immediate medical care.
Varicose veins – treatment
This problem involved the following specialists: phlebologists, vascular surgeons. Before you prescribe treatment of varicose veins, the doctor will prescribe a diagnosis. It includes such procedures:
- samples of Chania, pertes;
- scanning of the veins;
- computer venography and others.
Varicose veins in the legs provides such treatment:
- treatment of varicose veins with leeches;
- folk remedies;
Ointment for varicose veins
All used in the treatment of the drug must be safe. Also effective ointment for varicose veins of the lower extremities meet the following requirements:
- prevent the stagnation of blood;
- remove pain and relieve swelling;
- different toning effect;
- optimize venous valves;
- reduce the likelihood of negative consequences.
Varicose veins to be treated properly chosen medicines. The most effective means, taking into account the stage of disease to choose can only be a doctor. To self-medicate is dangerous! In the best case the drug will be useless, and at worst will provoke the aggravation of the situation.
Cream varicose veins
Such medicines contain vegetable oil, vaseline and other components, giving the drug a soft, oily consistency. These medicines are easily shared and well absorbed into the skin. In addition, these drugs have a moisturizing and softening action. Chronic varicose veins of the lower extremities treated with these creams and gels:
- antibacterial agents;
- dermal application anticoagulant drugs;
- funds with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory effect;
- corticosteroid drugs.
Tablets varicose veins
In the treatment of this drug are assigned to different groups of medicines. That's what drugs for varicose veins of the lower limbs is often prescribed:
- drugs enzyme.
Treatment of varicose veins with injections
This procedure is called sclerotherapy. It is considered an alternative to surgery. This procedure helps to achieve the desired therapeutic effect. The injections are introduced into the plot with the affected veins. It is a chemical burn. Besides an inflammatory process affecting the walls of blood vessels.
After a short period of time the veins closer together, and then glued together. As a result of deteriorating capacity, and the flow goes in the alternative direction. Over time, these veins disappear. In their place there is connective tissue. If diagnosed varicose veins of the lower extremities, treatment with injections may be performed as follows:
- Traditional sclerotherapy involves the introduction of unmodified drugs to dissolve quickly in blood.
- Treatment of capillaries – a method which helps to get rid of capillaries.
- Injection of foam sclerosant – this option is good because it gives long lasting result.
- Echo sclerotherapy – provides for the conduct of duplex scanning.
The procedure is as follows:
- A week before the upcoming therapy it is necessary to refuse from Smoking and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Besides it is necessary to stop taking medications that affect blood clotting.
- The future site of puncture is anesthetized with.
- Vienna is pierced and the needle is injected.
- Made the injection (the dosage of the drug expects the attending physician). The number of injections for 1 session can vary from 8 to 10.
- The treated area apply tight bandage.
- The patient is prescribed one-hour leisurely stroll.
The vein treatment on legs folk remedies
Alternative methods are considered a good Supplement to therapy of this ailment. At the initial stage folk remedies can be used independently. However, they should be applied strictly under the supervision of a doctor. If both wear tights varicose veins, the effect will come much faster. However, even they need to be applied taking into account the recommendations of the attending physician.
Especially well-proven treatment of varicose veins with Apple cider vinegar. For such therapy will fit like a made independently, so purchase a natural product. To use this tool in the following way:
- Rubbing a small amount of Apple cider vinegar applied on the affected area and gently rubbed in. Do such procedures should be twice a day (afternoon and bedtime).
- Compresses – a small piece of clean gauze impregnated with Apple cider vinegar and applied to the problematic section. Keep this bandage can be no more than 10 minutes. Every day you need to do 1-2 treatments. The duration of therapy is 2-3 weeks.
Exercise with varicose veins of the lower extremities – gymnastics at home
These classes solve the following tasks:
- normalize blood pressure;
- increase the tone of blood vessels;
- activates lymphatic flow;
- increases physical endurance;
- improves peripheral circulation.
Gymnastics with varicose veins of the lower extremities should be performed under the supervision of a doctor. Prohibited activities:
- the lifting rod;
Effective exercises for varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- walking on toes and heels;
- the aerobics.
Massage for varicose veins of the lower extremities
This procedure is highly efficient. However, not every type of massage is acceptable in this case. For example, Smoking honey rubdown, as they can cause increased pain. Treatment of varicose veins at home provides to perform this massage:
- of massage;
- medical manual;
- procedure "guasha".
Treatment of varicose veins laser
Under the influence of such beam bonding occurs of the vessels and the brewing barrel. After a short period of time irradiated Vienna replaced by connective tissue. Procedure lasts less than an hour. Treatment of varicose veins in the legs almost laser: is performed under local anesthesia. After this procedure, the treated area put the cushion and fix it with an elastic bandage. Further, the patient can go home.
Surgical treatment of varicose veins of the legs
Surgery can be done in different ways. The method chosen by the doctor depends on the stage of the disease and condition of the patient. Surgery for varicose veins of the lower extremities can be performed in the following way:
- The classic version is the most traumatic. Involves the removal of the vein as a whole (from the groin to the foot).
- Short Stripping – removed only the affected varicose veins fragments.
- Mini phlebectomy is an innovative method used to remove the advanced "twigs" saphenous vein. When such operations are isolated punctures, which are obtained through the affected blood vessels. After surgery the skin is left with scars and scarring.
Food for varicose veins of the lower extremities
Diet in this disease is very important. The diet should contain these foods:
- bell pepper;
- wild rose;
- marine fish;
- lean meat;
- the liver.
Diet with varicose veins of the lower extremities involves the rejection of such products:
- semi-finished products;
- muffins and pastries;
- drinks that contain caffeine;
- pickled foods;
Prevention of varicose veins in the legs
This disease is easier to prevent than to treat.
Before manifest the first symptoms of varicose veins of the lower extremities in women, you can take the following steps:
- To choose comfortable shoes.
- To normalize the weight.
- To abandon bad habits.
- To wear special underwear from varicose veins.
- During sleep, put under foot cushion.
- Lead an active life, not forgetting about the rest.
- To do a draining massage.